Friday, November 16, 2012

Potty Training - Down in the Trenches -- Read at your own risk! -- You Have Been Warned!

Call me crazy but I like to potty train my kids young.

Potty training young saves money on diapers and I feel like it

keeps my kids learning and growing and maturing in new ways.

Bronwyn turned 18 months this week AND started potty training on Monday. 

That would make today day 4.

I have to tell you all how impressed I have been with her today ! 

 Bronwyn is the potty-going pro, as of tonight.

She is also having her struggles just so you know and as you might imagine.

But that doesn't deter from the fact that tonight she went with Reed and Aftyn to go pick us up a $5 Little Caesar's pizza and was gone for about 20 minutes.

We sat down and ate the pizza, which took approximately another 10 minutes.

 She seemed to be full so I pulled her down from the table, took off all her clothes from the waist down and sent her off to sit on to her little toilet to see if she had any potties.

The pull-up she had worn was 95% dry and that little stinker sat right down on her toilet
  and went potty! ! !  And she had a fairly full bladder!


Unless you too have potty trained you may not appreciate all that this means.
1. She held her potty. 
2. She made it come out on command.
3. She was really happy while doing it and was so proud of herself when she finished!

I never really recorded much about Aftyn potty training, and well, the only thing I seem to remember is Aftyn calling anything done in her toilet "patoot toot".  :)  Cute!

Bronwyn just cares about the treats afterward. "Teat! teat! teat! teat!"  Is all I hear once I have acknowledged my excitement and happiness that she went potty. :D  And heck she's so proud of herself.  And after a few minutes as she's wandering around entertaining herself until I make her go sit on the toilet again, I remind her that potty goes in the toilet and then she has to walk over to her toilet and tap the lid twice to show me that she's heard me. :D Oh she makes me laugh.