Sunday. A day when we wake up early, get ready and go to church, come home and eat and enjoy a lazy lazy day together. Sometimes playing games. Sometimes reading books. Always spending time together.
My girls love to look at pictures of themselves on Sundays. Old pictures of our old life. Old pictures of our new life. Pictures of family. Pictures of friends. We go back to our roots and remember who we were and are. What matters most.
Tonight while looking at pictures, Reed said to me, "What are we doing here?", in a quiet thoughtful way that I knew meant he was mourning our old life just a little. It's easy to forget, in those moments of moving forward, how hard life used to be even in our old life as compared to life now. I said to him, because I know it's true, "Just you wait, Reed, we will look back in a little while at pictures of our life now and we will feel the same feelings of longing and happiness for that life."
And I know that is true.
3 comments:
You and Reed look so great together. You are very beautiful Alysa!
Thanks!
What sweet thoughts. And what a great pic of the two of you! You are looking so trim and slim, Alysa! I just have to say... what you told Reed about how you'll miss THIS life someday? Well, it IS true! In fact, just tonight, Brian and I both sat here, kind of pining for our NY life. And then, I read this. Funny, eh? So... enjoy! :)
Post a Comment