Thursday, July 18, 2013

Perspective

Yesterday around 3 am, Aftyn woke up with a fever. And continued to not feel well the rest of the day. I started feeling sick around 2 pm and continued not feeling well the rest of the day. Bronwyn thankfully was patient with the 2 of us and sat around while we watched movies from my bed until Reed finally made it home around 9:45, just in time for me to already have put the girls to bed and to have missed most of the sickness as I was beginning to feel better.
 It was a hard day, it was a tiring day. But guess what it showed me?! I can do hard things. I can get through our present hardships and our kids will help. We can live with parents and we can stick together. My kids have my back. My husband has my back. We have kind parents who give us what we can't afford to give ourselves right now and who are willing to help us.
 Heavenly Father knew what he was doing in letting me feel awful yesterday. I am so grateful it was just a 24 hour bug and I now have my normal amount of energy and strength to keep up with my girls and do the things that need doing. I can do this. I've got this.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Yes, Alysa, you can do this!!!!! Hang in there, and always remember:
"Be of Good Cheer
and do not fear,
for I the Lord am with you,
and will stand by you."
(D&C 68:6)
My favorite!
Love you guys!! Wish we could have seen you. Hang in there!!
Love, Wendy

grandma w. said...

Great post!!!! You are totally shocking to me. Every day I see you say and do things that are difficult and you just keep hanging in there!!! You and Reed and God are performing miracles!!! Love you!