Here's a few funnies that need to be documented, having to do with moving.
Our neighbors that we "share" a backyard with have a dog and 2 young kids. (There should be a fence between our houses, but there isn't yet. And it's a long story.) During the first
week or two, the little kids were outside playing in their backyard and saw that we were home.
They came across their yard, across our yard and to our back patio to say "hi" to us as we were
going about doing our stuff. Because I didn't want to encourage them to keep doing this, I told my
girls not to say hi or even acknowledge these kids. I know, I am a big MEANIE! But seriously, we share a backyard people, I don't want these kids coming over all the time! The kids stood there smiling for a few minutes and then the older little girl ran off. The littler boy just stood there. And stood there, saying "hi". I probably got lots of demerits in heaven for ignoring this little boy.
The next day, this little boy came back to our back porch to say hi again. And to play with all our tools that we had been using in our garden to plant and dig up grass. Luckily his dad came outside and saw what he was doing and came and got him. Ugh. We had one more episode where he came over but this time I had put the tools away so he wouldn't hurt himself so he was playing with our lawn mower. I immediately went outside and was trying to tell him it was dangerous in a way he could understand, (seriously he's like 2) and his mom came over and grabbed him while I was out there. Luckily that was the last episode since. *sigh* Gotta get a fence built people!
Then there's the neighbors dog. It's a bulldog, or as Bronwyn called it one day, a bullydog, which I find much funnier and more fitting. It's supposedly older, but that hasn't stopped it from barking, growling and charging at Reed while he was out working in our yard, and just yesterday chasing my older girls into our house. And the neighbor lady came and got the dog out of our garden. But that hasn't convinced her that she should leash him yet when he's outside. How a dog that's old moves that quickly, I'm not sure. But he doesn't seem to be suffering from his age at all. Today Bronwyn was outside playing and suddenly I heard the most terrified scream come from her, followed by her quickly coming inside. She proceeded to tell us that she had seen the dog outside and was afraid it would come and get her. *Sigh* Again, we have GOT to get a fence. I don't want to make friends with the dog or the kids, I'm so mean, I just want my own backyard for my own kids. I'm so selfish, it's okay, you can tell me that, but for the first time in 3 years we have our own big backyard and I don't want to share!!
When we first moved in, our grass was dry. Like crispy dry. Like going to give up the ghost and have to be completely replaced if we didn't water it soon. 4 weeks later with sprinklers now working and Reed being a very attentive yard owner, our grass looks like everyone else's in the neighborhood. Green! Healthy!! Our house is looking so much more loved. LOL I recently painted our front door with some leftover paint from my sister Jenn. It's lovely. Looks black far away, looks dark navy up close. It's SO much better than the washed out gray color the door used to be. Now if we can just finish the fence, sanding and staining it, and get the front flower bed put together, our house is going to be looking AWESOME outside! :)
3 comments:
Hahaha! Bullydog :) That's funny! I don't think it's mean, you're just trying to set boundaries.
Hey..congrats on all your progress with your house! I sure wish I lived closer so I could spend some time with you all! Good luck on the fence!
You must keep calling it the bullydog! That is pure genius. Also, my two cents on the neighbor kids: It sounds like they're going to keep coming over regardless of what you do, so at least say hi and tell them your kids can't play and now they need to go home. Just my opinion though. I'd say get a fence so you don't have to worry about them coming over--that's the real permanent fix for the problem.
Post a Comment