Wednesday, November 11, 2015

So I had a baby. . .

So I guess we all get the point that I had a baby since my last post has sat there for approximately 2 months.
   Thanks to some prodding from my sister, I am finally writing a new post.

     Here is an update on Mirren:
         
           Mirren has definitely hit the terrible 2's. Also, suddenly, her personality is blossoming from every corner of her body!  She has a loud voice, she loves to say "No!", and just for fun when she can she likes to run away from me but luckily those little toddler legs can only pump so fast. Toddlers run so cute. Her little run makes Reed and I laugh a lot. She's doing well with potty training and really tries hard in that arena. She has just started talking a lot, but also loves to spout complete gibberish as well, usually quite loudly with a smile on her face. She makes me laugh! For a girl who used to hate attention, she has become a very boisterous personality at our house. She recently loves animals that growl. Also, she has started loving to sit and play loudly by herself with animals, little people, babies with blankets, even inanimate objects. Her hair is still short and curly but luckily her curls have stopped looking so clownish and have grown a little longer. Mirren loves her baby, but gets frustrated sometimes when she wants my attention and I'm feeding him. She is always concerned when he is "drying" or crying and wants to make sure I am on my way to take care of him so he will stop. She still loves her binkies, and is especially attached to her pink baby blanket that she likes to drag around our house. I am always having to wash it because all of her love gets that blanket dirty a lot. I cannot believe her 2nd birthday is this week. She is a blessing to our family and we love her. I can't imagine having her stubbornly funny little self in our family!

Look forward to my next post about Bronwyn! Hopefully tomorrow!!

Post Edit: Mirren suddenly has so much to say and it's hilarious to follow her thought pattern. Just yesterday, the day after we celebrated her birthday, I woke up to the usual hubbub of my house, except this time Mirren was still super excited about her birthday and was playing with her balloon out in the front room. As I lay there just listening to her, I suddenly heard her say "Daddy".  Then "sleep" followed by the pitter patter of her little feet running down the hallway to my bedroom where I lay in bed sleeping just a few moments before. I lifted my head to see her sweet little smiling face at the end of my bed and when she saw that I was awake she happily cried "B'oon!!", holding up her birthday balloon by its string in her chubby toddler hand so I could see. Ha ha!! She still calls Reed and I mom or dad, doesn't seem to understand that there is a difference and it cracks me up.  She is so different from Bronwyn in her screamy happiness. Bronwyn does it to get peoples attention, but Mirren gets excited about things and is quite loud but it's not for attention, it's just genuine excitement. She was so excited last night to blow out the candles on her brownie, she just squealed and screamed on Reed's lap until we finished singing happy birthday and she finally got her big chance to blow them out. 3 tries later and she did it! She gets too excited when she gets to do the big girl things she see's her sisters do. :)  Oh my heart, she is so funny and sweet. "No" is her favorite word, but she just started saying "riddit" just like Bronwn did for frog sounds, loves to growl, insists on shoes and a jack jack (jacket) if she see's anyone even acting like they might be leaving, likes to watch movies especially Elsa, (Let it "go" with arms widespread). Her favorite church songs are Book of Mormon stories, I am a child of God, Sunbeam, Roll your Hands, the Duck Song "with the feather on its back", and probably any other song she's heard over and over. She likes to "sing" along to songs on the radio that I sing along to, and she is a girl who loves to dance to any old tune. Really! Her dances are so cute as most 2 year old dances are. ;)
           

No comments: