Mirren had eye surgery this past week to fix her right eye. Here are some pictures of what it looked like:
1st Day
2nd Day
3rd Day
On Day 2, Mirren woke up with very watery eyes and a swollen lower lid. Reed was rightly worried, and so I put in a call to the doctor after putting her antibiotic eye ointment in her eye. After waiting a few hours for a return phone call, I began to notice that the swelling was gone and the wateriness was SO much better. Many hours later, the doctor called back but at that point we'd decided she was fine.
All in all, the surgery was worse than I expected because I didn't know WHAT to expect, but after the first day, she has done amazingly. Just expect your child's eye to look red, expect the time as they come out of anesthesia to be awful and expect some tylenol for the first few days, and you'll be good.
2 comments:
I remember the bloody eye. If there's anyone you don't like, it's a great way to shock them! ;)
LOL Oh yes.
Post a Comment