Sunday, April 20, 2008

What a week!

Last night was the cherry on top as this week of taxes finally winds down. Good news on taxes: we're getting money back. Bad news: it's a pain in the rear having to file them. :) I took it upon myself to fill out the forms, which was stressful especially since I was filing for myself for last year too. So, I filled them all out, had Reed check them, and then we signed, problem was it took most of the night to get that far. Thank heavens it only happens once a year.
Last night we went to see John's play Oliver!. I love plays! I have been taken to them since I was probably about 8 years old, when the Morrison Center had Music Week and everyone got free tickets. My mom would always secure those for us. I remember the first one I ever saw was Annie, which was already a favorite of mine. John did a great job, and Reed said he could hear him singing a few times, which is amazing in acast of over 100 kids.
Anyhoo, today we have stake conference. And a planned visit to both sets of parents. :) Sounds like a nice leisurely day to me. This week officially starts the panic of birthdays in my family, starting with my sister's birthday and then just a few weeks later starts the onslaught, including my own, many of my nieces and nephews, Mothers Day in the middle, and topped off with my mothers near the end of May. Busy time of year. Only this year, my parents will be leaving on the 3rd, for the MTC, I think, so they will be missing out on a lot of them. That will make it different this year.

2 comments:

Kam said...

hey, just in case I'm slow in May, let me say Happy Birthday now, since you mentioned it. :) Your Sunday plans sounded perfect to me... wish we could be there for such relaxed times with the fam. Soon...

Dalana and Mark said...

Good to see you yesterday. Hope you enjoyed your time at your parent's house. Great job on getting your taxes done! Also, thanks to you and Reed for coming to see John's show. It meant a lot to all of us to have family there. It made it that much more fun. You guys are awesome!