Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Special Bag

For the past few weeks, I have been carrying a plastic Walmart bag around with me. Everywhere. Curious? Here's what it contains:

Vitamin C
Kleenex
a bulb of garlic
a knife to cut the garlic with
Emergen C

Zantac 150
Maalox

In the morning, as I leave for work, I grab my bag because without it, when I take my morning dose of vitamin C, it must be accompanied by a Zantac down my throat. Otherwise, goodbye to my happy tummy. Holy cow. My life is so much better now with Zantac in it.
I actually don't really have my cold anymore, thanks to a blessing from Reed, but I feel that I need to bring all these things just in case my cold symptoms might come back in any way. I absolutely must have my Zantac, even if I stop taking my vitamin C. The acid indigestion I feel is awful.

At night when I leave for home, I must have my bag. Before dinner, depending on what I eat, but most definitely after dinner, I must have another Zantac. It is what helps me to sleep the sleep of the tired. Which I usually am. If it's time for bed, and I can tell the Zantac isn't going to last long enough, I take a few teaspoonfuls of Maalox. Aaah. What a relief.

I am incredibly indebted to the teamwork of Zantac and Maalox in my life. I wish I had known about them so much earlier. :)

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Alysa, I'm sorry you are dealing with that. Yuck! I do remember, however, that you and Alyson gave Mom a lot of the same trouble when she was pregnant with you two!!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Can you imagine what kind of crampage your intestines would feel if you had 2 BABIES in there. I am so sorry Mom.

Alyson said...

It's different with every baby. I had super bad indigestion with Samantha from like 12 weeks on. I mean HORRIBLE. I haven't had anything with this one yet.

ManicMandee said...

I've taken note of that advice. I have never tried Zantac or Malox, but did have some serious heartburn in the 3rd trimester of my other pregnancies. So I'll have to try that when the time comes.

Kam said...

Oh, I DO remember those days (and nights... I was always worst at night!) I'm soooo glad you got something that works for you. Hang in there, eh?! I didn't notice your blue teeth at Mom and Dad Bishops the other night. That's a good sign, right?

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

right!