I could apologize for not updating for so long, but I feel like I've worn out my welcome with "I'm sorry" So, here's what I've been doing INSTEAD of blogging - I've been working on getting enough sleep, keeping my house relatively clean, learning all I can about Aftyn, and trying to get our dumb computer to keep working. Today, I got lucky enough that I had time AND the computer wanted to work, so YOU can get an update. :) I'm happy to finally get back into some blogging. I have missed having my creative juices flow.
A List of everything I have learned about Aftyn so far:
She doesn't like having her diaper changed, and always cries when you do it. :(
She also doesn't like baths, but I think its because the water might be too cold.
Just yesterday, we managed to have a bath where she only cried 2 short times! The
water was much warmer.
When going to sleep, she likes to be wrapped in soft blankets, and loves when the
blanket covers her face.
She is amazingly alert at least 2 times a day, for about 30 mins.
She is REALLY good at holding up her head when she is laying on your chest.
She generally only cries when she's hungry. She fusses a bit when she's tired,
but it's usually not a lot.
TMI - She is very tooty, as in she toots a lot. Sometimes when she poops and I'm
holding her, I'm afraid she's going to blow through the diaper onto my clothes,
because she does it with such force. Sorry, but its rather funny.
She doesn't like being naked, probably because she feels cold.
In other news, Reed and I are surviving new parenthood. Reed very happily watches over Aftyn whenever he has the opportunity, and he also voluntarily changes diapers even when he knows they're poopy. For the last 2 weeks, whenever Reed and Aftyn are in the room together, I most often hear Reed gushing about how cute Aftyn is. It is probably the most adorable thing ever. :)
I have been striving to get enough sleep - even if it means sleeping until 11 am. But I have learned that getting 8 hrs of sleep, when you add up 2 hrs and 3 hrs and 3 hrs is totally not the same as getting 8 SOLID hours of sleep. I have also been learning to be okay with that. I've also learned everything takes longer with a baby. For example, here's a typical day :
Clean my house - okay, only after I've fed the baby, (40 mins) gotten her to sleep (30 min.), put all the dirty diapers from her nighttime changings into the diaper receptacle, gathered her dirty laundry, started her wash in the washer, gotten myself through my own ablutions, wait a sec - its already time to feed her again?! Next time she sleeps, I get a little closer to finish cleaning one room. It's not easy taking care of 2 people, but it is very rewarding and I'm glad to make the sacrifice. Every time I lay Aftyn on my chest and she looks up at me with her beautiful eyes, and does her little head bob as she works at strengthening her neck, I have to laugh at how cute she is and I think how much more fulfilling my life is because of her.
2 comments:
And she's worth every minute of it, isn't she?!!! :) Babies are so sweet, and Aftyn is extremely cute! :)
I can't wait to meet her! Glad you are enjoying motherhood so much.
Post a Comment