Recently, Aftyn has begun "feeling" her hair, and her ears. I thought it was cute when I caught her sleeping with her hands in her hair. I feel bad when she gets ahold of her ears - sometimes I find that she has scratched herself by grabbing them so hard.
Also, I thought only older kids put their hands down in their diapers when you change them. Not so! Aftyn has been doing it for at least 2-3 weeks.

Aftyn really likes her Daddy, but she's actually smiling at the light in the window behind him. Funny how much babies like light.
I would include a picture of myself with Aftyn, but at this point I spend a lot of my time in my pj's unless I have somewhere to go. I know, I need to remedy this situation and hopefully will shortly when she can start napping on her own and doesn't need to be comforted so much. Then I can try to make it a goal to get dressed everyday! :)
5 comments:
You might want to be careful with all of that "comforting". She might start to get a little spoiled and expect to be held all the time. :) (just a little advice from an oldie, but a goodie.) Love you guys! She's looking cuter and cuter every day. Thanks for sharing pics.
Good advice, Jenn. I actually don't mean it to sound like I'm constantly running to her aid, unless of course she's hungry or poopy or she really needs a nap. She actually does really well at not being held.
Holy smokers!(--to coin a phrase from Samantha.) I leave off blogging and lurking for one little week and what do I find!? How very exciting you guys got a new computer. Congratulations. Doesn't it just feel so good to know you can be connected whenever you want?! I bet you're loving it. I love Aftyn sleeping with her hands up on her head like that. Sam used to do that too, soo cute! We haven't seen little Aftyn (and you) for too long... gonna have to fix that soon.
We heard you guys were leaving town now this weekend and so we decided to postpone our trip. I really do mean it when I say we are excited to meet her. It's a big motivation for going up there despite being huge and uncomfortable and driving all that way.
If you wouldn't mind letting us know the details of when and where the blessing is, that would be super nice. Unless, maybe you guys are trying to avoid us?
We are NOT trying to avoid you~! Never ever think that! :) We felt so bad when you said you were coming up for the blessing, and we had just found out we were going to be out of town. we are now planning on the third Sunday of July, I believe it is the 19th? Reed will be so pleased that your family is coming especially for the blessing.
Post a Comment