Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Reconnecting

It's kind of late, I'm a little tired and kind of feeling sick. But nonetheless, this post needs to be written.

You know how there are just some people that you meet that you keep running into throughout your life. There are those who you are uncomfortable running into because you are merely acquaintances, and those who you are genuinely excited to run into so you can catch up with them and it's like you haven't missed any time at all together.

Lisa Jo is one of those "genuinely excited to see her" friends. That's not even the name she goes by. It's just the name I call her. Why? I don't know, because it's cute. I think there are few people who can even call her that, and I am one of them. It probably annoys the heck out of her, but she never says.

She was one of the first friends I made when my family moved to Boise when I was 6 almost 7. I remember going to her house a few times to play. She was a little, shy, curly redhead who was very sweet and always a good friend.

We often played together, grew up going to church together and being in the same classes at church for a large majority of time even though she was 6 months younger than me. Her mother even formed a 4-H club with only girls where we learned to sew and cook. It was fun!

If you asked me, I couldn't tell you what happened to make us loyal friends, and yet we are.
When she comes to town, I have lunch with her. Always. We catch up and it's just fun to see each other and hear what's been going on. I cherish the times we spend together.

I wish for all to have a Lisa Jo kind of friend. They make life fulfilling. And fun.I would like to add that just because I didn't write a post for all my friends does not make our friendship less important or significant to me. I truly appreciate all my friends!

4 comments:

Alyson said...

WAIT! Did she come to town and you didn't tell me??????

ManicMandee said...

I know what you're saying...

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

no Alyson - just ran into her on facebook.

Kam said...

Oh, what a nice post. Yes, I have many "Lisa Jo's" in my life. And they DO make it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reminder to reach out and say hey to all the friends of past places and times.