Friday, April 30, 2010

12 am Musings

It doesn't get much more real than this. Check out how long my hair was then. :( I miss it a little bit.


I love Friday Nights. It's the one night of the whole week when if I feel like it, I stay up really late. Just because it's Friday. Maybe that's why Saturdays haven't been very productive for me lately?



Sometimes on nights like these, I sit and wonder about my life. Tonights musing : If the people around me can see who I authentically am and if they appreciate me for it. Don't we all wonder this at some time or another? Along with this would obviously come the thought, do I appreciate the people around me and can I see/feel who they authentically are?



I like authentic people. Not the people who let all the bad stuff hang out all the time because they think that's what being authentic means. Authentic people let you see the good mixed with the bad and don't apologize for the bad because it's real. Like mothers who mother in public. I love them. Mothering needs to happen wherever it needs to happen, in my opinion. I'm not condoning public spankings - but if that's what works in discipling your child - just take it outside so no one else has to see. :)



I can also appreciate people who can move on from the past and leave it there. Sometimes people make dumb choices, are immature, or are just plain childish. And then they grow up to lead a completely normal life and leave all their dumbness behind. I like them too.



By the way, I am thinking of no one in particular in this post. Maybe it is more a reflection of myself and how I want to be treated or thought of.



If nothing else, this is some good food for thought, right?

2 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Enjoyed your musings. And for the record: I like your authentic self totally.
I was a total idiot in my youth, and young adulthood and I think I'm still an idiot most of the time. I'm just hoping I'm becoming less and less of an idiot as time goes on. ::crossing fingers!:: So I have musings quite similar to your here quite often.

Kam said...

I like authentic people, like you. And, like you, I sometimes miss my long hair... though mine's been gone a longer time now. :)
And, I like it when people stay up late for no real reason ... makes me feel like I've got good company!