Monday, April 11, 2011

Crazy Pregnancy Thoughts

Last night I had a dream that if you pushed hard enough on my stomach, you could see the outline of my baby's feet. And her face. And when my friend in my dream pushed with her hands and found her head, you could hear the baby cry. Weird, hmm?

Just goes to show where my thoughts are these days. Doesn't help that I'm having killer heartburn today due to some yummy but stomach aggravating foods I ate yesterday. I am officially feeling ready to have this baby, and yet not. Do you ever really feel ready?

I've got some crazy nesting/cleaning/crafting to do and at least 3 good weeks to get it done. (But more than likely 5-6 weeks.) These are just some last minute projects I want to do, definitely not necessities for this baby.

Baby B is pretty much squared away. I only need to wash her bassinet linens to make sure they're clean as the bassinet has been sitting in my dusty garage for a few months. I don't know why I didn't just store all of the linens from it in my house when I first got it back from my sister all clean. Oh well.

I'm moving a little slower these days. Yesterday while teaching my class of 8 year olds, I dropped things on the floor about 5 times, due to my slowing clumsy reflexes. And each time, one of them jumped out of their chair and very willingly picked it up for me, without me having to ask. I have very sweet kids in my class. They really seem to try to help me a lot. I appreciate all that help!

Reed is getting better at sleeping through my middle of the night noises i.e. groaning when I roll over, getting up to go to the bathroom, getting up to check on some phantom noise I heard, getting some Tums/Maalox for heartburn. I guess I'm helping to prepare him for when the baby gets here. :)

Aftyn is content in her little world. Sometimes she talks about our baby, but generally she says she's crying, or waking up, or eating. Evidently all things I've talked to her about. Or somebody has. My favorite is when she comes and spontaneously kisses my baby bump. Love that.

Aftyn  has a great capacity to be a good little helper when this baby comes, and I think once she gets used to the change the baby brings, she will want to continue to help with all the big girl things she can do. Can't wait to meet our little B baby!

2 comments:

Kam said...

How exciting, you're getting so close to the end!! Yay! I love those weird pregnancy dreams... when I was expecting Samantha, I dreamed we had her, then put her in the fridge while we went to church. ha! I probably told you that one already? But it's still very vivid to me... seeing that little bundle wrapped up on the top shelf of our fridge. :)

Hang in there... not too much longer left now. yay!!

Jen B said...

What an a strange time it is right before delivery!! I decided the Lord made it that way so the pain of delivery wouldn't frighten us, we are to be so miserable that we are happy to endure anything to get the baby out!!!!!;) This time will pass in a flash!