Thursday, April 28, 2011

We're Still Alive, I Think

I know you're all relieved to know that we're still alive!

I've been a little caught up in getting through the last few weeks.  My body has gotten a little more uncomfortable to live in, and I didn't want to complain to the lot of you who have been through this before and don't need to re-live pregnancy squished-ness through me.  But just so you know, I'm plenty squished right now.  But I am nearly 36 and a half weeks pregnant, so why shouldn't I be?!?

We had a really fun Easter this year.  Aftyn took part in our ward Easter Egg Hunt, and a neighborhood hunt and has become really good at finding "hidden" eggs in grass.  For our own family time, we dyed a few easter eggs together on Sunday and then Aftyn and I found our newly decorated eggs after Reed had hidden them.  Aftyn loved it! We followed this up with homemade easter treats and a lesson on Jesus/the Resurrection.  All in all, a fun memory and one we can't wait to experience many more years. 

I am excited to announce that after only two and a half years, we are finally putting grass in our backyard ! ! ! Reed has the ground leveled and almost all raked and we are planting this Saturday. I cannot possibly put enough exclamation points in this whole paragraph to tell you how excited we all are to have a backyard we can play in.  Yes, we'll have to wait a few weeks for it to grow, but what's a few weeks after a few years, hmm?  Anytime Reed has gone outside to work on the backyard, Aftyn insists on going out there with him.  What's so comical about it is that she refuses to walk off the cement patio into the dirt, which is good since there's weed killer on the ground.  So she just stands and talks to Reed while he works, exclaiming about the birds, and the dirt and the weeds and freezing her little hands and legs off but LOVING being outside! I get a kick out of watching the whole thing from inside, and I think Reed likes having her company.  :)

Since we're putting in grass, we're also thinking of making garden boxes as well for our garden to grow in this year.  Yay! I love the idea of having a little garden to work in while Aftyn plays outside.  By the way, sorry there are no pictures of any of these events.  Our camera is having issues, it might just need a new memory card, but until we figure it out we have no new pictures to share.  :( 

Reed just went on his last out-of-town trip for work yesterday.  Now he's stuck at home for the next few weeks until our new addition makes her appearance.  I don't think he minds though.  I think we're all pretty excited to get her here. 

This has been your update.  I'll try and do a bit better.  But I'm not making any promises.  ;)

1 comment:

just a random genius said...

Yay for grass! I'm putting some in my backyard this year too. In my bare back half of the yard. Hopefully it will take. In both our yards!