Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Some Corny Events . . .



Okay, that title is totally tongue-in-cheek.

        Something miraculous happened this week.  

Aftyn ate corn.




Now that may not sound like much, but you don't know Aftyn like I know Aftyn.

She has been averse to anything with a funny texture, 
too squishy, 
not sweet, 
too soupy, 
too vegetable-y

for as long as she's been eating food.  
So approximately 2 years and 2 months of her life.  
That's a LARGE majority of her life.

But last night, I witnessed a side of Aftyn I have never seen.



She ate and she ate and she ate that corn.  

She easily ate 3 tablespoons of corn, with no promptings and no help. 

Even better, it was the FIRST thing she ate on her plate of food! :) 

I wasn't sure if she'd have room for anymore food 

because it looked like she wanted to fill up on just corn! :)

The night before, there had been a miracle too.  
She ate noodles covered with sauce. 
Same story. 
Amazing.

The real kicker. 

She ate tomato soup last week.  TOMATO SOUP! 
Her WHOLE bowlful at that.

I used to HATE that stuff as a child.  
I never fully appreciated its fabulous flavor until I became an adult.  
Probably.

Aftyn calls this look "Princess Aftyn"  I call it crazy hair.  :)





So here's my hope:

for many more miraculous dinners 
in which Aftyn eats more vegetables, 
fruits and main dishes that she has 
heretofore shown nothing but contempt for. 

2 comments:

Kam said...

YAAAAY for Aftyn! She looks very cute in her crazy-hair Princess Aftyn pictures! Did she help with her "do"?? :)

I'm all for celebrating adventurous eaters... Food can be a big challenge for the little people, for sure!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Yes, Aftyn DID her hairdo. She just pulled some baby headbands that we use for dollies on her head and wa-la! Princess hairdo!