Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Oregon Coast Days 4-7

I forgot to mention in my prior post that we went over to my parents/Suzette/Laura/Alyson and Trevor's beachhouse on our first night at the beach and had dinner. It was heavenly and so nice. Yum!! Nothing like homemade food when you're good and hungry. Thanks for feeding us even though the kids just played. Reed and I appreciated the yummy food!

So, we woke up on our first day at the beach and it was heavenly. It was so quiet. There was so much space! Beautiful views out the windows! We just lounged and relaxed until around 10:30 when we started to get ready to meet all of my family at the beach. We didn't get there until a little after 11 and arrived at the same time as my brother Jon and his family and my sister Jenn and her family. What timing! :)
     We all hauled all of our kids and towels and paraphernalia out to the beach and set up a good spot. The next few hours sped by as the girls played in the water, Reed jumped full body into the waves while everyone else watched enviously and not enviously. The water was COLD! But it certainly did look fun to have the guts to get out there in the waves like he did. I helped people dig in the sand to build sand castles, Reed kept building a sand castle right at the edge of the water and then the bigger waves would crash in and knock it down and he'd start over again. He was bound and determined to beat the waves. He finally gave up after about 45 minutes. It was also fun to just sit and chat with my sisters and nieces and nephews. It was such a fun afternoon. Around 2:30 or 3, I could tell it was time to go. I started feeling hot, which is odd at the Oregon Coast. So we packed ourselves up and said goodbye to everyone who was also packing up. We were pooped! About an hour or so after we got home, I looked in the mirror only to discover one side of my body was sunburned. LOL  I don't recall ever getting sunburned before on the Oregon Coast! Luckily I'd been pretty vigilant with all the kids about sunscreen so they were pretty okay except for a few body parts. Aftyn's poor poor upper leg. :(

Grandpa, can I fly your kite?

It looked like a lot more fun when Grandpa was flying it.

This picture is just cute. Laura and her hat. Bronwyn being Bronwyn.

Joy!

Digging in the sand

Alyson was trying to build an amazing sandcastle. It looks pretty good here!

Carter and Aunty Suzette and Grandma

The next few days were kind of a blur. Reed took Aftyn and Bronwyn to the Tillamook Cheese Factory and I stayed home so Mirren could get a MUCH needed nap. They had lots of fun and brought home a carton of ice cream to share! One morning we went to our beach in Cape Kiwanda and found sand dollars and lots of other whole shells. It was so much fun! One evening we met up with Alyson and her kids and my parents and Suzette and she and I went on a shell finding hunt. That was pretty fun! It was always the best way to end the evening, out on the beach watching the sun set with the kids playing in the sand. So so lovely. Reed would then be talking about how much fun it would be to own our own beach house so we could come anytime we wanted. Oh Reed. LOL












 Far too quickly our time at the beach was done. We drove one eternally long day all the way back to Nampa to spend two more nights with Grandma and Grandpa Bishop. I took the girls to the aquarium in Boise on Friday while Reed went into his office and worked. We had a ton of fun petting fish and looking at lots and lots of varieties of sea life, especially since we had just so recently been at the beach!
Petting stingrays

Mirren just watched


Later that night we got together with Reed's brothers Mark and Brian and their wives and kids and had a much needed and fun visit. 2 of the little girl cousins stayed over for a fun little girls sleepover at Grandma's house and all the girls stayed up SO late! Which was great because Reed and I decided to wake up early and try to get on the road by 5 am so we could get home early enough to get our normal Saturday things done at our house, especially after being gone a whole week! We made it back to Idaho Falls by 10:45 and enjoyed being home after such a long vacation.

     We so enjoyed our little vacation and can't wait to go back for a much LONGER time next time!!

No comments: