Monday, August 31, 2015

Sitting on 2 pillows

Why am I sitting on 2 pillows you might ask?

Because I'm 39 weeks, 3 days pregnant and my tailbone hurts.

Why am I posting this at 1:44 am?

Because Mirren is teething and woke up crying.

I stayed with her in her bed, trying to give her comfort until her Tylenol kicked in.

After an hour, I gave it up and left her on her own.

That girl has weird waking up in the middle of the night

and not going back to sleep for a while issues.

I think I'm just gonna let that be her problem tonight.

As you might imagine, I'm so done with being pregnant.

This boy is done growing.

He's great, he's fine. He'd thrive outside but to heck with that.

He's staying in, in spite of repeated efforts that my body has tried to eject him.

2 trips to the hospital already.

(1 more than I've had with any other pregnancy and I haven't even had him yet.)

Contractions stop or turn out to not be the real thing and painfully, slowly wither away.

Is he just holding out for September?

He doesn't like August?

Couldn't tell you.

I liked August, but now I'm growing bitter as I've watched the long hours of

the past week slowly drift by with no signs of our boy emerging. 

Did I tell you I had a gut feeling he was going to come early? Around 38 weeks even!?!

Yeah, never trusting my gut again.

This boy will come, but the excitement of an "early" arrival is down the tubes and now

I just want him out. 




No comments: