Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's about time . . .

that I get on here and update our blog with something new! Ha ha ha I'm so mean, I made you think we were having a baby, huh?
Well, I only wish I had that to write. But I don't.

In the meantime, let me share some of the funnies of our lives. Evidently, men in the general public aren't used to seeing women whose babies are nearly due. I have had more stares in the last 1-2 weeks from them than I can ever remember getting when I was not pregnant and probably looked more cute!

I have heard of women whose ankles were so swollen you could push in on them and the pressure from the pushing would actually leave a dent. Never thought I would experience that, but my ankles have been especially swollen this week, so I tried it. And, really, it's gross but interesting in the way that you can actually leave dents in skin swollen with water. I'm looking forward to the 15 lbs in water weight I will be losing when I have this baby.

Reed's knees are still scabby and gross, but thankfully not as painful as they were. He is so busy with all the things he's involved with, and having a baby, and helping me around the house. This week, he finally told me that he thought he had put too much on his plate. I started laughing. Poor guy, ever the optimist, that had to be hard for him to admit. But, as he usually does, he told me that it just meant he would have to organize his time better. His persistence is definitely one of the qualities I love about him.

Well, that's our mini update. Tomorrow is my last day at work. I was going to work until the day I had this baby, but when I go to work, I don't feel productive because I feel so slow and sluggish. I feel good that, essentially, I will have worked up to my due date.
Hope everyone has a fabulous and fun Memorial Day Weekend!

4 comments:

just a random genius said...

Very interesting update. Have you gotten blinds up yet so that I can come and visit? The baby will need her Aunt Laura, you know. Good luck!

ManicMandee said...

Yeah, you tricked me. Sorry you're still not delivered. Is Dr. Lund gonna induce you if you go over?

Jenn said...

I hope you plan on calling us the minute you have this little one in your arms! I'll be waiting. :) She'll be here before you know it, I promise!!

Kam said...

We keep thinking of you and waiting for the news. Hang in there. I hated hearing about your ankles. ug. I remember that terrible discomfort at the end, and don't envy you, but I definitely empathize! We're so eager to hear of little Aftyn's arrival... soon, baby, soon.