Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day Thoughts

Well, first of all, as you can see, the computer still seems to be hanging in there. I think we might be in the clear. We downloaded a free anti-something,(after doing some research first) checked the whole computer and then had the program clean it, and now it is running SO much better.
And, as I'm sure so many are wondering, what does my dr. have to say at this point in the game? Well, I'm dilated to about a 1, and she thinks for sure I'll still be pregnant this week. :( That made me a whole lot of sad on Friday when she told me, but now I'm doing better. After all, what can you really do about it? And, no matter when she comes, hopefully all will be well, and we'll still have a baby girl to love whether she comes tomorrow or on May 29th. (But I think I might love her more if she comes tomorrow.)
;) Just Kidding!
Mothers Day has been very nice. Reed got me a whole tray of cupcakes made by the Young Women in our ward, I got a chocolate bar at church, my mother-in-law gave me a new geranium, and we had fruit and truffles and macaroons in Relief Society today. Yum! Really, what more could you ask for?
Reed did a nice number on his knees on Friday. He helped one of his co-workers pour a patio for his home, and decided it would be a good idea to kneel down in the concrete to do the finish work. His knees look like someone took a sander to them. It's been 3 days, with lots of TLC, and he still hurts when he walks around, bends, anything. He's been taking Aleve and icing his poor swollen knees, but they haven't decided to feel better yet. Reed told me I need to have the baby tomorrow so he doesn't have to go to work with his knees hurting. :( No pressure, right?!

Quick little side note. Thursday night, I was sitting in our baby's room on the computer, Reed was in the room next door. I decided it was time to test out Reed's skills and how capable he would be when something does happen with this baby. So, I said,"Let's have a test Reed." Reed was kind of confused by what I said and not really paying attention, and he says, "Huh?" So, I wait a few minutes, he doesn't ask again, so I go ahead with my test. I say to him "Reed, my water just broke."
Reed "What?! Did it really?!?!?"
Me "No! I just told you we were having a test!"
Reed was very grateful it was only a test, after which I proceeded to grill him about what we would do next. I hope he does better when/if that really happens. :)

4 comments:

just a random genius said...

Poor Reed. Having to deal with mangled knees AND a test. :)

Kam said...

We SAW those poor, terrible knees!! And so we can totally vouch for Reed in his failure to respond properly for the test. Better let those knees recover BEFORE that baby comes, they looked just terrible. Ouch!! Glad you had a good mother's day. I've been wondering about you, so I'm glad to hear a good update. Being dilated at ALL is kind of exciting, though, isn't it? Not too much longer, we hope.

Mom said...

You crack me up! Happy belated birthday by the way!!!

ManicMandee said...

You've got us all on pins and needles waiting for the big news of baby's arrival. Can't wait.