Friday, July 31, 2009

Life in general, in abstract

Well, I think it's about time you heard what has been happening in our lives lately. I've been back to work for approximately a month now, and boy oh boy, it's no fun. Once I tasted the sweetness of being a stay-at-home mom, there is nothing that can quench my thirst to stay at home and be a full time mommy to my baby except staying at home. But, money is essential at this point with the economy being hairy scary and since we just bought a house. We are currently working on a solution to this problem.
Speaking of, Reed just gave his 2 week notice at his place of work and has already acquired another position elsewhere with a promised raise and BENEFITS! Woohoo! I can already see what a difference this will make for him in how he feels about going to work. I'm glad too, I feel like this is what is supposed to be happening.
Aftyn is growing like a weed - she has her 2 month appointment in about 2 weeks and we will see where she is percentage wise for her age. And she will have the fun of being injected with vaccines into her cute chubby thighs followed by lots of unhappiness, I suspect. Luckily, that will be when Reed is having his 2 week break from work of the paid kind and will be practicing his stay-at-home daddy skills. I look forward to hearing some interesting tales and getting to share them here with all of you. Something to look forward to! :)
Here are some pictures I took recently to illustrate the red highlights found in Aftyn's hair in the sunlight, kinda like her mommy's!





If these look bad, I should let you know that it's hard to capture red highlights with a camera. It's much easier to see in person.

4 comments:

grandma w. said...

Now, Alysa, that is only half of her picture!!! Where is the rest of her cute self? (Just kidding.) Yes, indeed, she has red highlights. Good job!!!

ManicMandee said...

So where is Reed gonna be working and what will he be doing? Will that mean you might get to stay at home soon?

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

staying home soon, yes i hope. he will be working at total scales, doing pretty much what he does right now

Dalana and Mark said...

Yay for Reed's new job! I really hope you are able to work part time soon. I remember going back to work after John was born and how hard it was. No fun! You guys are such good parents. How fun that her hair has red highlights.