I feel that there may have been entirely too many bodily functions discussed on this blog lately, and so, I'm putting up a new post!
This week marks my 37th week of pregnancy, in case you hadn't noticed the ticker at the top of our blog. I actually thought a few days ago that the big event might have been starting. Turns out our little girl just likes to do the limbo and see how low in Mommy's body she can go. This has created some funny issues. Such as my belly bumping into entirely NEW things that I could usually go right over before. Poor Aftyn usually bears the brunt of this as her head is exactly the same height as my belly sometimes, specifically when I'm helping her in the bathroom. Luckily it's a soft bump and she gets enough bumps anyway with her head that she just shrugs them off.
Our backyard project that we thought would be so easy has turned out like every other backyard project we have ever taken on. But we really think that by tomorrow Reed will have the grass and fertilizer finally down. He finished raking the whole thing last night. Poor guy. He gets home from a hard day at work only to go outside and work hard for a few hours more. We sure appreciate him and all his hard work in getting us our backyard full of grass!
Yesterday the girls of my family who live in this area got together to celebrate my birthday early at a local restaurant. It was so much fun! I got a free meal because of my birthday, but part of the package was me standing up, looking 10 months pregnant so the staff at this particular restaurant could sing to me with balloons, an ice cream sundae and a nice long sundae spoon. They kindly let Aftyn hold the spoon for me while they sang, and also kindly placed the sundae directly in front of her. In the middle of the song, I looked down only to see Aftyn doing what any other person would have done: she was digging right into all the sprinkles and whipped cream on the top of that sundae with that nice long sundae spoon! She managed to get in a couple of good bites while they finished their song, and my sisters and mom and I all just laughed at her ingenuity. I would have done the same thing! :)
I have really got to get my camera fixed! We need pictures on here again, I know. I'll work on it today!
No comments:
Post a Comment