Monday, May 14, 2012

Bronwyn's 1st Birthday!

Mmm, this is good

Slurp, lick, chew

Oh hi. I didn't see you there.

Oh look. More ice cream cone! Better get right on that.

What do you mean it's in my nose?

Oh man is this good

Is that a little speck I see in my hand?

Sluuurp. Gotta get every last drop.



          We sure love our little Bronwyn. She can be such a little stinker, and such a source of entertainment most of the time as well.  Aftyn loves to play with her, when Aftyn wants to. Most of the time I hear " Mommy, Bronwyn is getting into somethin'. "  Or some such thing that means she's bothering Aftyn or Aftyn is just being helpful. Aftyn loves to play hide and seek with her. Aftyn can make Bronwyn giggle even more than Reed and I can, and that's saying something. They make a good pair.

                Currently, Bronwyn has no attention span for books. It might be 10 seconds, tops. She is mostly mimicking a lot of the things Aftyn does. Today I saw her trying to step into the Daddy shoes I had just instructed Aftyn out of. Also, any toy Aftyn has Bronwyn wants. 
     Bronwyn just today starting walking more than she has yet. Everytime she would fall down, up she would go again and toddle away.  Walking full time is right around the corner, I think.
She has 2 of her bottom front teeth and just last week got one of her top front teeth. She's currently working on getting her other front tooth so that she has a matched pair. :)
            She has been showing a little bit of stubbornness the last few days where before she had a total love of learning new things to say and new things to do. Hopefully she'll decide to work with us and let us help her learn how to do and say things for herself.

She still is such a little girl. She wears size 2 shoes and size 9 months clothes. I haven't weighed her recently, so can't tell you that number, but if you could see the chubs on her belly and thighs, I'm guessing 17.5 pounds. Which for this little girl is probably just right. I'm waiting for a monstrous growth spurt that would make her as tall as Aftyn was at this age, but just as ready to keep her in all the clothes that Aftyn grew out of way too quickly. Finally we'll get a little wear out of some of our summer things that Aftyn wore maybe once.
       Either way she turns out, we sure do love this little girl and are grateful for her in our family.




1 comment:

grandma w. said...

Thanks for the update. Love the pictures. Can't wait for more.