| Taken yesterday after dinner. Yes, that IS tomato soup on her upper lip! :) |
A few posts ago, I mentioned how Aftyn and I were having a hard time together lately. She had seemed very defiant and unhappy with me, which would make any mom sad. I really felt that she missed her dad and was taking out her sadness over the whole situation on me.
To remedy it all I have been sending poor overworked Reed to his Tuesday night meetings at church with Aftyn and I immediately started seeing a different girl. (I think it actually makes Reed happier too because he misses the time he used to be able to spend with her. He comes home seeming a little more relaxed and happier than when he left.) A little over a week later, she is so much happier which in turn makes me happier. She is back to being her sweet little self with me. I have missed her happy little hugs. And her enthusiasm for life.
She has started waking up when Reed is getting ready for work, 4 and 5 am! As soon as Reed walks out of our bedroom door to go and get ready, there's Aftyn standing in the hallway. I can't positively say it but I think it's because she wants to see him. I don't blame her because if she didn't wake up that early she would be back to seeing as little of him as she was before.
The last couple of days I have been able to encourage her to go back to sleep and she sleeps in deliciously late and still goes to bed at her normal time. At this point, if it makes her happy and it makes me happy, I'm going to allow it. Because right now anything that makes my life here at home a little easier is entirely encouraged.
| This was taken 8 months ago as we got ready to move. She still looks like such a little girl here. She has grown up so much! I'm sad to see her babyness leaving her. |
1 comment:
wowzers... 4 or 5 a.m.! That's so early, for a little Aftyn girl! But I'm glad Reed gets to see his girl that way, and she gets to see her dad. I know it's really hard for Brian when he goes a few days without seeing the kids while they're awake. And hard for them too!! do what you can to make it work, eh?!
Post a Comment