Had a great walk yesterday morning, with meals that were spot on until about 3 pm. Reed left yesterday, as he often has to, to drive elsewhere for work stuff. He ended up being out of town last night as well and will be coming home this morning. But I realized something rather important. When Reed goes out of town and it's harder for me to have a quiet moment for sanity's sake or someone to back me up when all 3 kids are having emotional meltdowns at the same time, I turn to treats. I can instantly tell you where any junk food in the house is. It's amazing! It's like a radar or something.
I don't know if you read this blog, but I find it rather interesting. www.themoments we stand.com
That is what got me thinking about it. She wrote a post about triggers for her and it really got me thinking. I've got to figure out healthy alternatives to my triggers.
Anyway, after a couple of reaches to junk food, I finally pulled out of that mode. Right around the time all the kids went to bed. ;) I drank a couple of really big glasses of water knowing I didn't want to feel like crap because of what I'd eaten, and had some good phone conversations with my husband. I felt much better. But this morning I feel disappointed. And grateful for the run I'm going on later because I need it to kind of let go of my frustrations and pent up energy. Seriously, someday I need a treadmill at my house so I can run and have my kids safely with me. Runs are the best way for me to find serenity in frustrating situations and moments when I feel a lot of pressure to perform. LOL
Today will be a better day. I'm hopping right back into the saddle and acting like yesterday never happened. I'm grateful to be having a girls night tonight with one of my friends here. Those too are sanity savers.
No comments:
Post a Comment