Sunday, May 4, 2014

I gotta write!

I'm getting so far behind in writing here and keeping this blog updated with all the stuff we've got going on that I'm feeling like giving up. Me, give up?? NEVER!!!  So, here I am writing something that may truly be boring but oh well.

I've been meaning to document something important in my life. I am now gluten free!
Shocker, hmm?

It all started after I had Mirren. My swollen ankles just didn't seem to stay away. Sometimes I had normal ankles and then sometimes my ankles were back to my pregnancy ankles. Not pretty and also kind of itchy. Then the SUPER itchy calves started. Itchy ankles/feet AND itchy calves?!?  It was truly weird. My stomach was hurting, and lots of other strange things going on as well and I googled all the symptoms, just like you're not supposed to. Google told me I was gluten sensitive. I thought, why not? I will just give up gluten. I've got nothing to lose except swollen, itchy ankles and calves and a stomach that hurts.

I made Bronwyn join me since she had some symptoms that worried me and made me think she might have gluten issues too. It's been almost 2 months and I'd call it a success. Giving up gluten has helped me in so many ways!! Here is a list:
- no more foggy brain (I didn't know I had that until I gave up gluten. WOW! It's amazing!)
- no more swollen ankles or itchy feet or calves (I love having skinny ankles again)
-I have felt so much HAPPIER since I gave up gluten (Gluten can cause depression(!))
-no more stomach pain
-lost a couple pounds
-the bumps on the back of my arms are GONE. (gone I say!!)


I can't think of anything else but seriously I'm sure there are a lot more. Bronwyn has been much happier, her excema has improved to almost non-existent, and now she has more room for fruit in her diet. :) I'd say she's a fan.Also, I think she knows wheat makes her sick because all you have to do is tell her something has gluten in it and she doesn't want to eat it and doesn't complain about it either.
  I'm totally curious if anyone else I know is gluten free. Tell me in the comments and if you are share some recipes!

No comments: