Today I talked Aftyn and Bronwyn into bearing their testimonies at church. In sacrament meeting!
I asked them while we were sitting in our seats what they wanted to say. They both gave me an idea and with lots of reassurance that I would be right there to help them, we walked up to the pulpit after the current bearer spoke and Aftyn took a breath and with some hints from me and a couple reminders of what she told me she wanted to say, she finished.
It was so sweet and touching! The things she bore testimony of, that Jesus was real, that He loved her and she loved him, were so amazing to my heart because she said it all so sincerely and with a serious tone to her voice.
Bronwyn got up and was so sweet, and as Bronwyn-nie as possible, bore her testimony and said that she loved Jesus and she loved mommy. With a big proud grin on her face.
I sure love my girls. I'm grateful for their sweet spirits and testimonies. It's amazing to see how big their testimonies are at 3 and 5, almost 4 and 6. I am impressed and maybe only a little worried that I am doing my best job with them, as most mothers do worry.
And lest you think my children are perfect, they both struggled for the rest of the day with listening, being kind, and not hitting or being mean to each other. And that's a normal day around here. Because after all, they are 3 and 5, almost 4 and 6. ;) But the one perfect moment of the day was a good thing to hold onto.
2 comments:
That's so cool! Good job Bronwyn and Aftyn!
Ahhh, how cool is that. I wish I could have seen it. I'm very proud of them!
Post a Comment