We've had a perplexing problem this past week.
See that cute puppy in the crook of Aftyn's arm?
Well, Aftyn likes to sleep with him and a couple of other stuffed animals affectionately named bunny and bear. Creative, huh?
Well, puppy went missing about 2 days ago.
Every time we laid Aftyn down for a nap or for bedtime, she would ask, "puppy?".
The first night, I just told her that puppy must be hiding, after doing a quick scan of her room and the front room.
Aftyn seemed to accept this answer with no problem, and went to sleep cuddling with bunny and bear.
The next day, same question about puppy.
Same answer from me, but this time Aftyn kind of smiled. Smiled!
I wondered what was going on in that little mind of hers but just dismissed it and was grateful she was fine sleeping without him.
I looked for puppy both days, but still couldn't find him.
It didn't even dawn on me until Saturday night why Aftyn smiled and accepted puppy as "hiding".
Reed came and told me when he put Aftyn to bed that she asked about puppy again, but this time told HIM puppy was hiding, and then she smiled at Reed and said, "boo!".
She thought puppy hiding was funny because she thought it was a game.
I've been thinking about that all day long, mostly because we finally found puppy again, just like Aftyn knew we would.
It finally just dawned on me in the last hour what we can all learn from this situation.
It's all about perspective.
If we have faith that the situation we're in will turn out okay and we choose to stay
happy, well, I think I've learned it's all the better for us and for those around us.
It helps us all to feel a whole lot happier.
What did YOU learn from Aftyn's parable?
2 comments:
I learned that I can be okay even without my safety (puppy) net around me. (ie. I can make a good situation out of a bad one just by having a good attitude!). :) Thanks for making me think today Alysa! Love you!
I saw an episode of Full House recently, the one where "Mr. Bear" goes missing, and it turns out that baby Michelle has hidden him. I really thought that's where this story was heading! But I like your parable better.
Post a Comment