For the last 6 and a half weeks, Aftyn has been sitting on her toilet/the big toilet a WHOLE lot, in the belief that she was ready to go potty on the toilet!
Thankfully she was ready and although she is not completely done potty training, she certainly has a good grasp finally of what it's all about. My potty training mentor says we can call her "done" in about 4 more weeks. Let's hope it all goes as planned. :)
This whole process has been a huge part of our lives for the last month and a half. Potty training at this age is a fair amount of work, but for me COMPLETELY worth it. I'm grateful I had this time to spend with her before the baby gets here. Instead of working on a whole lot of projects, this has been my project.
We decided to splurge and took ourselves to go see the new Narnia movie on New Years Eve with Aftyn. We sat down and got Aftyn all situated with her binky (since it was her bedtime) and her blanket all in her very own seat! She actually seemed quite enthralled, even when I lent her my 3d glasses she didn't try to take them off and her eyes were glued to the movie screen. She finally fell asleep after watching for about an hour. She never made a peep the whole time so we all really enjoyed that movie!
(Unlike the next day when we went to go see the Harry Potter movie without Aftyn b/c of the violence, and the people in front of us brought their VERY rowdy and distracting 3/4 year old who was bored and pretty awful throughout the movie.)
*Just so you know, we don't get to see a whole lot of movies in the theater, we got to see Harry Potter thanks to some friends who gave us free tickets! And a generous grandma and grandpa who didn't mind Aftyn coming to visit for a few hours. *
Aftyn has also started going to nursery every Sunday since I teach in Primary. She really seems to love it! She's always excited to see me at the end, but she's never "looking" for me when I go to pick her up. I always have to call her name to get her attention. I take that as a good sign.
Reed is still working, I'm still being a mom. I'm in "early prepare mode" for this baby, as I'm sure you can tell. I feel like if I can prepare early and slowly then there won't be a mad rush to do all the normal things you do to prepare for a baby at the end. That will be nice.
On the home front, we're trying to utilize all the space in our little house getting ready for our new baby. Having to clear out some stuff and organize our garage and fun projects like that. It's nice to have a chance to do that every once in a while.
We're still hoping, as we do every spring, to get our backyard in. I'm mostly planning on it happening this year, because this year Aftyn will be able to enjoy it a whole lot more I'm thinking. With the sprinklers already in, all the rest should be easy, right?
If I think of more to add, keep your eyes peeled. I'm trying to be better about it. I really need to work on getting more pictures of Aftyn. I'm slacking in that department as well.
2 comments:
So when can I send you Lydia to potty train?
I think that Aftyn will really appreciate the posted photo of her on the potty...when she is 16. Please make sure to repost it then.
We have a lovely one like that of Kierstin, if anyone would like to see it!
~Kim
Post a Comment