Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Craigslist

This is an irritation post - skip it if you don't want to hear me going off. :) Consider yourself warned.

What the crap is up with craigslist and all the spammers?!? I have tried 3 times now to sell a few items on craigslist and the majority of the replies I have had, in spite of ads that clearly state "no spam please", have all been someone wanting me to watch a video or go to a website where I will be offered some kind of crap I don't want. I JUST WANT TO SELL SOME STUFF ON CRAIGSLIST ! ! If I were looking to get spam invites, there are plenty of sites I could visit and sign up for that would share all the spam I want and more.

Anyhow, just sayin' : what happened to the good old craigslist where you could sell things easily, and buy things without worrying that the seller thinks you're a spammer? When did it all change?

5 comments:

just a random genius said...

I don't think anyone actually wants spam . . . that's why it's called spam. And unfortunately there are lots of dishonest people out there. Be careful when you use Craigslist.

Mom said...

I've noticed that too. I'm not sure what is up, but I love craigslist to much to quit trying.

Kam said...

Man! That's totally annoying. We got a lot of that when we were selling our stuff in London. But even worse than spammers were the SCAMMERS! We had tons of requests to "mail your furniture to Germany..." etc. Ug.

But for all its faults, I have to say I found an AWESOME deal on a bbq here in Cldwl this week (shhh don't tell Brian -- it's for Fathers Day!), so I'm in love with Craigslist again.

Kikigirl said...

It's too bad you don't have something as widely used as KSL classifieds are here...

Alyson said...

Hey, I think we need a few more product reviews!